Welcome to Treeapp
The Treeapp Service
We agree to provide you with the Treeapp Service. The Service includes all of the Treeapp products, features, applications, services, technologies, and software that we provide to advance Treeapp's mission: To enable people and organisations to work together to stop global deforestation by :
● Offering personalised opportunities
to interact with brands and products whilst having a social and environmental
impact. Offering our users the ability to
have hands on effect in stopping global deforestation and offsetting their
carbon footprint. We allow our user base to have positive social and
environmental externalities globally, all the while, bringing them into contact
with great sustainable brands. Answering questions, interacting with photos,
videos and statements allow users to discover great products and services one
tree at a time.
● Fostering a positive, inclusive, and safe environment. We develop and use tools and offer resources to our community members that help make their experiences positive and inclusive, including when we think they might need help. We also have teams and systems that work to combat abuse and violations of our Terms and policies, as well as harmful and deceptive behaviour. We use all the information we have-including your information-to try to keep our platform secure. We also may share information about misuse or harmful content with law enforcement. Learn more in the Data Policy.
● Developing and using technologies that help us consistently serve our growing community. Organizing and analyzing information for our growing community is central to our Service. A big part of our Service is using cutting-edge technologies that help us personalize, protect, and improve our Service for a broad global community. Technologies like artificial intelligence and machine learning may be used to give us the power to apply complex processes across our Service. Automated technologies also help us ensure the functionality and integrity of our Service.
and seamless experiences across all future or existing Forest Wide Limited
Treeapp is part of Forest Wide Limited, which may share technology, systems, insights, and information-including the information we have about you (learn more in the Data Policy) in order to provide services that are better, safer, and more secure.
● Ensuring a stable global
infrastructure for our Service.
To provide our global Service, we must store and transfer non-aggregated data across our systems around the world, including outside of your country of residence. This infrastructure may be owned or operated by Forest Wide Limited, or their affiliates.
● Connecting you with brands, products,
and services in ways you care about.
We use data from Treeapp as well as from third-party partners, to show you ads, offers, and other sponsored content that we believe will be meaningful to you and the world. And we try to make that content as relevant as all your other experiences on Treeapp.
We use the information we have to study our Service and collaborate with others on research to make our Service better and contribute to the well-being of our community.
The Data Policy
Providing our Service requires collecting and using your information. The Data Policy explains how we collect, use, and share information. It also explains the many ways you can control your information, including in the Treeapp Privacy and Security settings.
In return for our commitment to provide the Service, we require you to make the below commitments to us.
Who Can Use Treeapp. We want our Service to be as open and inclusive as possible, but we also want it to be safe, secure, and in accordance with the law. So, we need you to commit to a few restrictions in order to be part of the Treeapp community.
● You must be at least 16 years old
● You must not be prohibited from receiving any aspect of our Service under applicable laws or if you are on an applicable denied party listing.
● We must not have previously disabled your account for violation of law or any of our policies.
● You must not be a convicted sex offender.
How You Can't Use Treeapp. Providing a safe and open Service for a broad community requires that we all do our part.
● You can't impersonate others or
provide inaccurate information.
You must provide us with accurate and up to date information (including registration information). Also, you may not impersonate someone you aren't, and you can't create an account for someone else unless you have their express permission.
● You can't do anything unlawful, misleading, or fraudulent or for an illegal or unauthorised purpose.
● You can't violate (or help or encourage others to violate) these Terms or our policies, including in particular the Treeapp Community Guidelines, Treeapp Platform Policy. Learn how to report conduct or content in our Help Center.
● You can't do anything to interfere with or impair the intended operation of the Service.
● You can't attempt to create accounts
or access or collect information in unauthorised ways.
�This includes creating accounts or collecting information in an automated way without our express permission.
● You can't attempt to buy, sell, or transfer any aspect of your account (including your username) or solicit, collect, or use login credentials or badges of other users.
You can't share or
list private or confidential information or do anything that violates someone
else's rights, including intellectual property.
�Learn more, including how to report content that you think infringes your intellectual property rights, here.
Permissions You Give to Us. As part of our agreement, you also give us permissions that we need to provide the Service.
● We do not claim ownership of your
content, but you grant us a license to use it.
�Nothing is changing about your rights in your content. We do not claim ownership of your content that you post on or through the Service. Instead, when you offer information or content on our platform, that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos or videos) on or in connection with our Service, you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). You can end this license anytime by deleting your content or account. However, content will continue to appear if you shared it with others and they have not deleted it. To learn more about how we use information, and how to control or delete your content, review the Data Policy and visit the Treeapp Help Center.
● Permission to use your username,
profile picture, and information about your relationships and actions with
accounts, ads, and sponsored content.
You give us permission to show your username, profile picture, and information about your actions (such as likes and dislikes) next to or in connection with accounts, ads, offers, and other sponsored content that you follow or engage with that are displayed on Forest Wide Limited Products, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show your preference or dislike towards a sponsored post created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads on Treeapp. We will also respect your ad settings.
● You agree that we can download and install updates to the Service on your device.
Additional Rights We Retain
● If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we may change it if we believe it is appropriate or necessary (for example, if it infringes someone's intellectual property or impersonates another user).
● If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Service (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share), we retain all rights to our content (but not yours).
● You can only use our intellectual property and trademarks or similar marks as expressly permitted by our Brand Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
● You must obtain written permission from us or under an open source license to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
Content Removal and Disabling or Terminating Your Account
● Content you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies and will still be visible where others have shared it. This paragraph, and the section below called "Our Agreement and What Happens if We Disagree," will still apply even after your account is terminated or deleted.
Our Agreement and What Happens if We Disagree
● If any aspect of this agreement is unenforceable, the rest will remain in effect.
● Any amendment or waiver to our agreement must be in writing and signed by us. If we fail to enforce any aspect of this agreement, it will not be a waiver.
● We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Who Has Rights Under this Agreement.
● This agreement does not give rights to any third parties.
● You cannot transfer your rights or obligations under this agreement without our consent.
● Our rights and obligations can be assigned to others. For example, this could occur if our ownership changes (as in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets) or by law.
Who Is Responsible if Something Happens.
● We will use reasonable skill and care in providing our Service to you and in keeping a safe, secure, and error-free environment, but we cannot guarantee that our Service will always function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. Provided we have acted with reasonable skill and care, we do not accept responsibility for: losses not caused by our breach of these Terms or otherwise by our acts; losses which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of entering into these Terms; any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable content offered by others that you may encounter on our Service; and events beyond our reasonable control.
● The above does not exclude or limit our liability for death, personal injury, or fraudulent misrepresentation caused by our negligence. It also does not exclude or limit our liability for any other things where the law does not permit us to do so.
How We Will Handle Disputes.
If you are a consumer and habitually reside in a Member State of the European Union, the laws of that Member State will apply to any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms ("claim"), and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that Member State that has jurisdiction over the claim. In all other cases, you agree that the claim must be resolved in a competent court in the United Kingdom and that English law will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
We always appreciate feedback or other suggestions, but may use them without any restrictions or obligation to compensate you for them, and are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
All information, representations, links or other messages may be subject to change by Treeapp at any time without prior notice or explanation to the user. We aim to act diligently in compiling and updating the information on our platforms; however, Treeapp does not guarantee the correctness and completeness of the information provided on its website and that these information are up to date. WeForest is not obliged to remove any outdated information from its website or to expressly mark it as being outdated. No information published on the platforms of Treeapp constitutes a solicitation or offer, or invitation to conclude any legal act of any kind whatsoever; it solely serves informational and descriptive purposes. The information on our platforms are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of intellectual property rights.
Treeapp excludes any and all liability for direct or indirect damages of any kind in connection with the access or the utilization of its website or single elements of it and the information provided by its website insofar as and to the extent that such exclusion is not prohibited by law. Liability claims regarding damage caused by an interruption of a part of or all functionalities of Treeapp platforms� are excluded as well and to the same extent. Equally, Treeapp does not assume any liability and does not guarantee that the functions on its website are free of errors, that errors are corrected or that the site or the respective server is free of viruses or any other detrimental elements.
By using a link to a third party's website you leave the Treeapp platforms. Treeapp� has not verified the websites of third parties linked to the Treeapp platforms and does not assume any responsibility for their content, particularly not for any offers, information and opinions contained therein.
Updating These Terms
We may change our Service and policies, and we may need to make changes to these Terms so that they accurately reflect our Service and policies. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you (for example, through our Service) at least 30 days before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Then, if you continue to use the Service, you will be bound by the updated Terms. If you do not want to agree to these or any updated Terms, please refrain from using our Services.
Terms last updated in May 2020.